PARENT AND FAMILY GIVING
Alumni, Annual Giving, and Pipeline Development
2022-23 UC San Diego Parents Fund Application
DEADLINE: Friday, September 30, 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please carefully read the following terms and conditions. If these terms and conditions are not met, your application may be disqualified.
Please follow UC San Diego COVID-19 rules and restrictions to avoid your application from being rejected.Visit returntolearn.ucsd.edu for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19.
Parent and Family Giving enhances the student experience by connecting parents and families to the UC San Diego community through meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, intellectual engagement and philanthropy.
Our students aspire to change the world, and UC San Diego’s priority is to provide them with the resources to accomplish their dreams. Our goal is to ensure all students have the opportunity to enhance their experience during their time on campus. The Parents Fund impacts undergraduate/graduate students by providing resources to foster a balance of academics, personal growth and extracurricular activities.
These funds are awarded based on need, number of students served, educational benefits derived, and funds available from our generous parent and family donors to UC San Diego. Funds are allocated by members of the Parents Council.
To be eligible your organization or group must:1. Be a registered student organization in good standing (by the time funds are to be used) or a university group which enhances the undergraduate/graduate student experience.
2. Meet Associated Students (AS) Student Organization funding guidelines. Visit finance.ucsd.edu for more information regarding AS funding guidelines.
3. Be a student organization eligible to submit a Triton Activities Planner (TAP) 21-days prior to the event/program or a university group with a department advisor and/or business officer.
4. Complete the online Parents Fund application including submission of budget.
5. You must submit a budget for the 2022-2023 usage for the funds. The budget must include all sources of revenue (actual and potential) as well as all planned expenditures for the event/fund usage. The amount you are requesting needs to be represented in your budget and you will need to clearly indicate how you intend to expend the requested Parents Fund dollars.
Applications will be screened and those meeting the minimum criteria will be presented to the Parents Council for review. The council will meet in October 2022 to determine funding allocations. Once determined, student or university groups and appropriate financial authorities (university business officers) will be notified and funds will be transferred. The funds received must be used within the 2022-23 fiscal year.
Consideration will not be granted to any funding applications involving alcohol.
Awarded Funding:If your organization or group is awarded funds, you will be required to complete the following steps:
1. Meet any special requirements set by the Parents Council. (These will be made clear in the emailed award letter to the group contact).
2. Recognize UC San Diego’s Parents Fund in event/program credits in any electronic or printed collateral.
3. Provide up to three (3) tickets, if requested, for Parents Council members to attend activities where appropriate in order to evaluate the program.
4. Submit a final report of the funded event/program including number of attendees, photos of activities, and a brief summary of funded activity. Photos and summary may be posted to the UC San Diego Parent and Family Giving website or used in impact stories for donors.
All awards will comply with UC non-discrimination and other relevant policies.
All funds must be spent and a final report submitted by Friday, June 9, 2023.
If you have questions about the application or the application process, please email email@example.com.
NOTE: Any organization that received funding in 2021-22, but did not submit a final report, will not be eligible to apply for the 2022-23 academic year. Any organization that receives funding in 2022-23 but does not submit a final report will not be eligible to apply for the 2023-24 academic year.